Terms and Conditions
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
The information below sets forth the Reservation & Cancellation Policy of both online reservations, as well as direct purchase at the our onsite dive center for:
Scubamobile Dive Center
Avenida 15 Norte, Entre Calle 4 y Calle 6
Centro, Playa del Carmen
Q. Roo, Mexico, CP 77710
- All reservations require a deposit of partial or full payment per person to be confirmed, the required deposit amount is dependant upon the activity reserved and is at the discretion of Scubamobile Dive Center.
- Online reservations - Upon receival of your deposit payment Scubamobile Dive Center will contact you via email to confirm your reservation and schedule details. All efforts will be made to accommodate your preferred dates and schedule. In the event that your preferred schedule can not be accommodated for whatever reason and no alternative schedule can be agreed upon, your deposit payment will be refunded 100%.
Changing Your Reservation
- We know that things happen and plans change! As long as you get in touch with us a minimum of 48 hours before your activity start time we will be more than happy to reschedule your activities free of charge, subject to weather conditions and availability.
Cancellations / No-Show / Late Arrival / Non-Completion of Activity
- Cancellations during peak high season - December 15th till January 15th:
- Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to your activities’ start time will be issued a full refund of the deposit payment.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days and more the 72 hours prior to your activities start time will be issued a 50% refund of the deposit payment.
- Cancellations made 72 hours or less prior to your activities start time - the deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- Dive courses that have been issued training materials (digital or physical materials) - a refund will not been given for the materials provided.
- Cancellations during the rest of the year - January 15th till December 15th:
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to your activities start time will be issued a full refund of the deposit payment.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or less before the tours start time - the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions: we would request a written statement from an approved Physician, in which case we will work with you to do everything possible to reschedule the activity, if rescheduling is not possible we will issue a refund of the deposit payment.
- If a client chooses not to complete the full activity no partial refund will be given.
- In the event that a client is unable or chooses not to complete a dive course any partial refund given will be at the discretion of Scubamobile Dive Center.
- In the event that a client is unable or chooses not to complete any part of a reserved package any partial refund given will be given at the discretion of Scubamobile Dive Center.
- Rainy or cloudy weather are no valid reason for cancellation, we strictly follow harbor master advisory on when to cancel an activity, if you choose to cancel your activity due to these reasons the deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- No-Show - the deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- Late arrival – we understand that sometimes things happen, however please keep in mind that our tours run on a schedule and you are required to arrive on time. Due to logistical reasons if you arrive late we may not be able to wait for you. In the event that you arrive late and your tour has already left the deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Schedule Changes and Cancellation of Activities by Scubamobile Dive Center
- Scuba diving and snorkeling activities are highly weather dependent, Scubamobile Dive Center reserves the right in any circumstance to cancel the activity. We understand that vacation time is precious, we will do everything possible to arrange an alternative option or reschedule the activity. In the event that no suitable alternative can be arranged we will refund the deposit payment.
- Every effort is always made to adhere to activity schedules. Scubamobile Dive Center reserves the right to alter activity schedules if it is in the best interest of the client or when forced to do so due to weather conditions. We will inform you of any changes as early as possible.
- We are a zero tolerance facility and will not allow anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol to dive or snorkel. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
Diver/Student/Snorkeler and Passenger Requirements
- All clients are required to read and sign the Liability Risk and Assumption of Risk Agreement for Scuba Diving / Snorkeling / Boat and Car Travel before participating in any dive/snorkel/passenger activity.
- All clients are required to read and sign the Responsible Eco-Friendly Diving (RED) Agreement before participating in any dive/snorkel activity.
- Certified Divers are required to present proof of certification from a recognised training agency to the minimum level required for the dive activity reserved. Failure to provide proof of certification, will result in you being unable to participate in the activity and no refund of the deposit payment will be issued.
- Certified Divers must meet the minimum level of dive experience required for the dive activity reserved, if not you will be unable to participate in the activity and no refund of the deposit payment will be issued.
- Prior to all diving/snorkeling activities and courses all clients will be required to read and complete a medical questionnaire which will identify any pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving/snorkeling.
- A positive response to any of the questions on the form will mean that you will be required to obtain a signed medical clearance from a physician prior to participating in any in water activities. Failure to provide a required medical clearance will result in exclusion from the activity and no refund will be issued for the deposit payment.
- In the event that you are enrolled in a course and fail to provide a required medical clearance, you will be excluded from participating until you can provide a medical clearance. At the discretion of Scubamobile Dive Center you will be charged for delays caused and the reprogramming of your course.
Prior to all diving activities and courses with us you will be required to read and complete a medical questionnaire which will identify any pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving.
You can view and/or download the medical questionnaires here:
Padi Medical Questionnaire
SSI Medical Questionnaire
A positive response to any of the questions in the form would mean that you must seek to obtain a written/signed medical clearance from a physician prior to engaging in in-water activities.
A written/signed medical clearance from a diving physician is required for following medical conditions:
- History of heart surgery, heart disease, heart attack or stroke (CVA)
- History of high blood pressure combined with subscription of “Betablockers” to regulate hypertension
- History of lung surgery, pneumothorax or collapsed lung
- Asthma, if client generally carries an emergency inhaler
- History of Epilepsy, convulsions or fainting
- History of Diabetes
- History of diving accident or diving sickness (such as DCS)
All of the above are potentially life threatening medical conditions when scuba diving, therefore we will accept a medical clearance only from a proper diving physician.
For all other medical situations which would merit a “Yes” answer on the medical questionnaire, a medical clearance from a certified doctor in general will suffice. When obliged to provide a medical clearance, please note that the clearance should be dated within 12 months before the diving activity, since medical conditions of a diver may change over time.
These steps are taken with your safety in mind and in an attempt to reduce the risk of injury or death whilst diving.
Prior to all snorkel activities with us you will be required to read and complete a medical declaration which will identify any pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while snorkeling.
Click here to view and/or download the medical declaration.
Please note that Scubamobile Dive Center maintains the right to refuse to allow a guest to dive/snorkel based on medical or any other reason.
- A deposit per person is required to confirm your reservation, the deposit amount varies depending upon the activity.
- Your reservation balance is payable in full at the beginning of your first day of diving with us.
- All prices are per person and in US$ and include 16% Sales Tax (IVA).
- Payments can be made at the dive center in cash (we accept US Dollars, Euros and Mexican Pesos) or by Debit/Credit Card - (we accept MasterCard and Visa, Maestro). All Debit/Credit Card charges are made in Mexican Pesos and incur a 4% surcharge.
- The conversion of US dollars to Mexican Pesos and or Euros will be made on the day of payment based on the exchange rate of SAT. (Mexican Tax Tribunal)
Diving Insurance Policy
Scubamobile Dive Center is committed to safe diving practices and injury prevention.
- Personal scuba diving insurance is your responsibility.
- While you are not required to have diving insurance, we recommend that if you intend to go scuba diving, you make sure you have an insurance policy that covers this activity. Some travel insurances do cover Scuba Diving and some do not. There are several international scuba diving insurance companies to choose from, among the most popular are Dive Assure and Divers Alert Network.
- Clients participating in entry level SSI Dive Courses: Try Scuba, Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver are eligible for free Decompression Insurance through Dive Assure, ask us for details on how to sign up.
Information Provided Policy
- Information given by Scubamobile Dive Center via leaflets, emails, website and advertising is based on the latest information available at the date of publication. All information is given in good faith and Scubamobile Dive Center reserves the right to change the facilities, vehicles and or boats as described in the leaflets, emails, website and advertising without being held liable for compensation or refund.